Give Your Property More Protection With a Fence
We know how much the security of your home means to you. That’s why we work hard to paint and stain fences that look great and provide your yard and home extra security. At Dixon Painting, we go the extra mile to ensure that your fence will provide security for your property for many years. To ensure this, we only use top-quality fencing paint and stain and offer a one-year guarantee on our work. We also offer professional deck painting and staining. We have nearly two decades of home improvement experience that ranges from interior/exterior painting to staining services. Dixon Painting proudly serves the communities of Atlanta, Marietta, Roswell, Milton, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Kennesaw, GA. We would love to help improve your home’s security, functionality, and beauty, so tell us about your project.
Fencing and Decking FAQs
Many people ask us whether a new or refinished deck or fence on their property will increase its value, and the answer is almost always yes. add a functional and aesthetic element to your home that can increase its value and curb appeal. But if you aren’t sure if a fence or deck staining or painting service is right for you, allow us to answer some common questions to help you decide.
- What Is Fencing? – A fence is a simple structure that provides an enclosure, boundary, or privacy to a fixed area. It can be a barrier, upright structure, or railing. It can also be made of many materials, including wrought iron, chain link, wood, aluminum, vinyl, and more. Some popular fence styles include picket, split-rail, shadow-box, stockade, and others.
- What Is Decking? – A deck is simply a flat surface built to bear weight. A deck can add outdoor living space to your home for you and your family to spend time or entertain guests. Decks can be made from composite materials or wood. Like fences, there are many styles to choose from, such as wrap-around verandas, porch decks, multi-tier decks, rooftop decks, detached decks, attached decks, and more.
- How Long Do Decks Last? – It depends largely on materials and maintenance. For example, a properly maintained wooden deck can last up to 30 years. Composite decks tend to last longer, though, as they are built with more weather-resistant materials than wood. With proper maintenance, a composite deck can last 40 years or more.
Our Fencing and Decking Services
If you need help maintaining your existing fence or deck, Dixon Painting can help. Our home improvement services include:
- Deck and Patio Staining & Sealing – We have a team of staining and sealing experts at Dixon Painting. We can ensure you get the longest life out of your deck and patios.
- Fence/Deck Painting – You would be amazed at what a fresh coat of paint can do to an old fence or deck. We use premium outdoor paints that will make your deck or fence look fantastic again and add an extra layer of protection.
The Benefits of Professional Deck Painting & Staining
Leaving your deck unfinished will cause the wood to break down from exposure to the elements. Moisture can wreak havoc with wood. Don’t allow water to warp, twist, or crack your deck’s wood. Sunlight can also take its toll on wood with time, and the combination of moisture and sunlight is even more destructible. Your deck finishing options are painting and staining. Painting a deck offers the highest level of protection for wood. Outdoor deck paint will protect your deck from sunlight and moisture. Staining your deck is another good option, offering a high-end look to show off the natural grain of the wood. Stain fills up gaps that usually soak up moisture. You’ll likely need to have your deck re-stained every three to four years, compared to repainting it every ten years or so.
How to Prepare for Deck Staining & Painting
The good news is that you don’t have to attempt to paint your own deck. You can learn how to paint a deck, but your best option is to leave the task to our trained and experienced professionals. Deck painting and staining are big jobs, even if your deck isn’t that large. Our team can help you get your ideal outdoor space. It’s ideal to have your deck painted during the dry season before it’s too hot or too cold. The best time of day to paint a deck is early, but not so early that the deck is still coated with dew. Hot, direct sunlight can cause your paint to dry too quickly. Your deck surfaces will need to be cleaned prior to painting. This can be accomplished with a deck cleaner that removes stains from dirt, algae, and mildew. In addition to washing, decks should be scraped and sanded. Our team will take care of the entire deck painting process so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the results.
Dixon Uses Top-Quality Deck Paints and Stains
Decks require proper maintenance to withstand the elements; a quality deck stain adds an extra layer of protection to prevent wood warping, splitting, and splintering, helping you avoid costly deck repairs in the future.
The experts at Dixon Painting use top-quality wood stains and sealers to protect your deck. The key to long-lasting and successful deck staining is maintaining the finish. Proper cleaning should be done on a yearly basis, and maintenance coats of stain should be applied every few years to ensure lasting results that will keep your deck looking beautiful and ageless.
In order to prevent more costly repairs, it’s important not to wait until your deck is showing signs of damage, such as warping or splintering. Our Atlanta Metro Area deck restoration and remodeling contractors will stain, seal, and protect your deck from the elements.
The quality deck paints, stains, and sealants we use are meant to withstand even the most extreme environmental conditions.
We Proudly Service These Areas Near Atlanta, Georgia:
Why Hire Dixon as Your Deck Expert?
We go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. Here’s what you can expect should you decide to use our services:
- We will inspect your deck at no charge and provide you with an estimate.
- We will coordinate dates/times that work best for you to begin service.
- Our professional team will carefully move your exterior furniture and other items.
- We will begin the project, working quickly and efficiently to ensure minimal inconvenience to you and your family.
- Once the initial work is complete we will promptly answer any questions that you have and walk through with you to inspect our work.
Call Today for Fencing and Decking Services
This is a small sampling of the home improvement projects we regularly handle here at Dixon Painting. We can do much more to help increase the value of your home and your enjoyment of it. To learn more or to schedule an appointment for fence or deck staining or painting, give us a call.