Exterior Paint Color Ideas
Need Exterior Paint Color Ideas?
Dixon Painting Can Help You Pick New Exterior House Colors
Since 2003, Dixon Painting has offered exceptional exterior painting services to Atlanta and Marietta, GA. If you could use exterior paint color ideas, our team of professionals would be happy to make recommendations. We’re known for our top-notch customer service and trustworthiness. Our high referral rate comes from our hard work and dedication to our customers in surrounding areas like Johns Creek and Kennesaw. Our company is licensed and insured to provide you with the highest and safest quality services. If you need exterior painting services, recommendations on a color scheme, or touch-ups, we’re equipped to work with any size project. Call us today to schedule your service.
Study the Exterior of Your Home
When you contact Dixon Painting, we will promptly respond with assistance. Our services extend to Roswell, Milton, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, and additional suburbs in the area. The process starts with a free, no-obligation estimate. One of our team members will come to your home to gather all the necessary details and give you a quote that best meets your needs and budget. If you proceed with our service, we’ll schedule an appointment at your convenience. We aren’t limited to the sides of your home when it comes to painting. Our professionals are able to handle the following surfaces:
How Should You Decide Your Exterior Paint Color Scheme?
We have you covered if you need a creative mind to help you decide on color scheme services. Our color consultants are experienced to expand your creativity and pair the right exterior house colors for your home. There are many options out there, and we want you to enjoy your home’s new look. Most exterior paint colors work with any architectural structure, whether craftsman or colonial. White has been one of the most trending colors for siding with a matte black trim. Beyond the popular combination, sticking to primary, neutral colors is recommended by most expert consultants. This complements the greenery around the home and any other modern décor.
Watch Your Exterior Paint Ideas Come to Life
After the initial assessment and exterior house paint colors are chosen, it’s time to finish the job. Depending on the size of the home and how many painters are present, it may take a few days to complete the project. Our team works thoroughly and efficiently to ensure you have a positive experience. The painting process involves several of the following steps:
- Pressure Wash – Removing any dirt or buildup is beneficial by using a pressure washer to ensure the best coverage. Pressure washing is most efficient when working from top to bottom, overlapping each stroke.
- Repair Surfaces – If there is damaged wood or chipped paint, this step is helpful for the affected surfaces. Sanders and scrapers usually get the job done.
- Caulk and Prime – Caulking should be done if there are any holes or cracks between trim. If you notice any wood stains that need covering up, priming will resolve those issues.
- Cover and Protect – We cover all doors, windows, and lighting with plastic and painter’s tape to prevent unwanted mistakes.
- Painting – If you are going from light to dark, or vice versa, it is always smart to prime first. After this step, the painting can begin with a paint sprayer.
How Can You Extend the Life of Your Exterior Paint Colors?
After your home’s exterior is painted, it doesn’t stop there. When maintained with proper care, exterior house colors can last 5-10 years. We know the time and expenses that go into a painting project, so we want to ensure high-quality results that’ll last you for a long time. Here are some ways to make sure your paint stays looking fresh for years:
- House Washing – Just like washing your car extends the life of the paint, the same goes for cleaning the exterior of your house. Pressure washing or a soft-bristled brush with warm, soapy water will do the trick.
- Caulking – Windows, doors, vents, and other features of your home can interrupt the siding with leaks. Be sure to have a professional painter check the exterior yearly for any leakages affecting the paint.
- Checking Gutters – They keep water and moisture away when gutters function correctly. It is best to regularly check your gutters and downspouts for blockages to prevent unwanted wear and tear on the exterior.
- Paint Touch-Ups – Touch-up painting every year or two can be done when you notice worn-down spots.
- Landscaping – Be sure to trim your bushes and shrubs to prevent bugs and moisture from traveling into the wood of your home.
Trust Us With Your Top-Notch Paint Service
Dixon Painting is a painting company you can trust. We are always ready to service any painting project at any time. A home’s exterior sets the tone for your inside living space. Our team aims for excellence and pays attention to every detail, giving you the experience you deserve. Let us be your first consideration if you need exterior house paint ideas or full painting services in the northern Metro suburbs. Call us today to schedule an assessment.